Because Queensland has had such a positive health response to the gradual easing of COVID restrictions, they have been able to kick-start our social recovery and ease those restrictions sooner than expected.
This means, that of Sunday 26th July, 2020, our Places of Worship (Bethany, Grace, St. John’s) will be able to welcome our community to worship onsite, face-to-face in our worship centres.
To ensure the health of our state, each other, and our community, when we gather together again, there will be some restrictions in place in accordance with our following of the Industry COVID Safe Plan for Places of Worship in Queensland.
• Physical Distancing (1.5m between household groups)
• Hand Hygiene (Washing hands or using alcohol based sanitiser)
• Respiratory Hygiene (Coughing or sneezing into elbow)
• Contact Tracing (Members will need to sign-in prior to the service)
• Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection.
Further to this, our industry plan asks that we inform you in line with Queensland Health Guidelines that the following vulnerable groups have heightened vulnerability of contracting COVID-19:
• Queenslanders over 70 years of age
• Queenslanders over 65 years of age with underlying health issues
• Indigenous Queenslanders over the age of 50 with one or more chronic diseases.
One of the changes to our face-to-face worship time will be a reduction in the number of people that can be present during the service (in line with our industry plan).
To ensure that we do not have to turn people away when they arrive to a worship service (which will be held at the usual 8:00am St. John’s; 9:15am Bethany; 10:00am Grace), we ask that you please register you and your family members prior to attending. Registration can be done from 11am Monday morning prior to the following Sunday’s worship services by going to our website: www.ipswich.church; clicking on the large orange banner at the top, and then registering for each individual person from your family who is going to attend. If you do not have internet access, please phone the office 3202 4035 to register.
Each of our worship centres have established protocols to ensure the safety of you and our community in accordance with the industry plan, and you will be advised of these changes when you register.
If the service you normally attend is ‘full’, consider joining at a different worship centre, or alternatively, you can still join us online. We will continue to have online worship services at 7:30am; 9:00am; 10:30am and 4:30pm each Sunday for the immediate future. We strongly discourage people to arrive unannounced, as some people may have to unfortunately be turned away if we have reached our attendance limit.
When you arrive, as previously mentioned, you will need to sign-in prior to entering the worship centre. This is where the information you entered online will allow for a more efficient sign-in process.
By signing the form on arrival, you will be acknowledging that:
• You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. Fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell)
• You do not have COVID-19 nor are you awaiting the results from being tested for COVID-19
• You have not been in contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• You have not returned or been in contact with anyone else who has returned, from overseas in the past 14 days.
We are very mindful of ensuring we are following all regulations and protocols to ensure that we provide a safe place for you to worship, but also to ensure we are able to continue to worship into the future as well, so we ask that you please respect and respond appropriately to all ushers and their instructions at all times.
I look forward to continuing to worship with you either online, or in-person as we continue as a community ‘to know Christ and to make Christ known’, in our community, in our city, and even around the world.
In His service,
Pastor Ben Hentschke